Skip to main content
Breaded Fish Cheeks
When going to your favorite fish store ask them if they have any fish cheeks available. They are not too expensive and take little time to get ready for a simple meal that will surprise you how good they taste.
- 1 ½ lbs. fish cheeks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups watercress
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ Tbsp garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse cheeks under cold water and dry with paper towels.
- Place cheeks in bowl with beaten egg. Remove and drip dry in colander.
- Place bread crumbs and garlic salt in a medium size plastic bag, mix well. Add fish cheeks in the bag, seal and shake until fish is well coated with bread crumbs.
- Place olive oil in large sauté skillet on medium heat, add breaded cheeks and brown for about 3 minutes, turn over and brown other side.
- Remove and place on a bed of watercress, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and top with parsley. Serve with steamed rice or salted potatoes.
Copyright© 2014-2017 Esser Vineyards & Appellation Ventures, LLC.