Bow Tie Pasta with Lobster and Artichokes
I met Mark Hellbach, the Director of Food and Beverage at the Westin Resort in Macau many years ago. He introduced me to this simple but tasty dish of pasta, seafood and artichokes. It can be prepared in as little as 20 minutes.
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups sherry
- 4 cups lobster meat, diced
- 4 lobster claws
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 4 lemon wedges
- Salt and white pepper
- 8 cups of bow-tie pasta, pre-cooked
- In a deep sauté pan reduce cream by half over low heat. At the same time, in a separate pan, cook the artichokes, tomatoes and lobster meat in the sherry.
- Add the scallions at the last, along with the cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the pre-cooked pasta in hot water and drain well. Add to the lobster mixture and heat through.
- Place in deep bowl, sprinkle parsley on top. Garnish with lobster claw and lemon wedge to the side of the pasta.