Over the years I made many different Gazpacho's and not one was alike. It is refreshing and you can add you own twist including the addition of baby shrimp, crab meat, etc. I at times add a bit of sherry to create some more exciting flavors.
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber
- 4 cups tomato juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp toasted garlic croutons, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion, white and green parts for garnish
- 2 Tbsp crème fraiche, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine all tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, and cucumbers. Mix well.
- In a blender, combine the tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, and olive oil. Blend at low speed for up to 1 minute until well blended. Pour over the tomato mixture and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill well in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving. Ladle into chilled bowls and garnish with the cilantro, green onions, croutons and crème fraiche.